Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 13

At our house, dinner at any time other than normal time has a special name. "Dinner in England" means eating somewhere between 9 & 10 pm. This comes from the first trip to England we did when the kids were small. We rarely managed to get to our next stop and find somewhere to eat much before 9 o'clock. "Dinner in Moscow" means snacks about midnight because we've been running around all day and haven't yet had a chance to eat anything. That one's from our week house-hunting in Moscow in May 2 years ago. Tonight, Sprout and I dined "fashionably". This is my mother's term, and it refers to the time when the fashionable people eat. We think that is 7pm, but it fluctuates. Tonight, we were fashionable about 7.

I stayed to work late and catch up on some marking, assuming that by the time I rolled in about 6, Ken and Paul would have wrapped up for the day. It seems that finishing up loose ends was the theme for them today too because they were still hard at it. Oh darn - no cooking for me. I'd have had to interrupt them on my trips to the outside kitchen. Thank you ESM for prompt pick-up options.
The crown moulding makes such a difference. And the cabinets have 3 shelves, not 2. The inside-cabinet lighting is lovely, even if it doesn't photograph particularly well. While I'm getting used to the new traffic flow, I'm wondering how many times I'm going to bang my hips into the eating bar once it is installed, simply because I won't be used to it being there.
It's going to be lovely. It's going to be a kitchen that suits the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment