Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Swedish class

I'm writing from the trailer that is the home of Volvo's language classes. On Wednesdays, Peter and I both have class. His is at 8; mine is at 9 or so. I've tried driving him out, dropping him off, going back home, and returning, but it's a lot of rush hour traffic nevermind having to park away from our own street because of Wednesday morning street cleaning, so today I came out with him at 7:30 and here I sit in the kitchen.
I've only had 3 lessons so far, and I haven't reviewed or practised the way I should, but I'm starting to recognize things. On Saturday, I bought something for femte fyra and I knew how much that was (54kr ~ $7.50). We bring in questions and pictures of things we've seen, and Margereta explains them. Yesterday, Michele brought more parking questions. Today, I've brought the pictures of the washing machine and dryer and we're going to talk about that. Woohoo! I may actually learn how to use more than one setting on the machine!
I really like my French classmates BUT they're pronouncing all the swedish with a french accent and that makes it hard for me to capture the intonations of the swedish.
Yesterday, Margereta brought muffins. Good ones too - she's an excellent baker if those muffins were any indication. In good teacher form, they were props. There are 5 muffins. Det finns fem stycken (pieces). Det är tria med mandel (3 have almonds) etc.
I have to go - 15 minutes until class and I haven't finished my homework yet.
Ha en bra dag (have a good day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment