Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 8

Invasion of the boxes!
The cabinets arrived today. I haven't seen this many boxes since moving from Sweden. They're everywhere. The new opening from the dining room is going to take some getting used to. While I still haven't decided about the pendant lights to go over the peninsula (leaning toward schoolhouse pendants, but the spoondelier is still a contender), it's looking like we'll have more pot lights than we'll know what to do with.
Peter's homework tonight is to paint the ceiling and assorted pieces of wall where there won't be cabinets. Better him than me - I despise painting. I much prefer wallpaper. Some of my beloved toile wallpaper has survived - in the alcove between the laundry room and the kitchen. P repainted the wainscotting in there because the wood was clashing with the new floor. It looks so much fresher white.
The weather people think we're in for a big storm overnight and into tomorrow. Fingers crossed for a snow day. If we get one, we'll have to work really hard to stay out of Paul and Ken's way as they start to assemble the cabinetry. I'm anticipating big changes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment