Thursday, December 13, 2012

Choir

The best part of my week when I lived here was choir. Wednesday nights, for 2 hours, I was enveloped by friendly people singing beautiful music. Thursday mornings, the Ladies International Choir met, sang, chatted, commiserated, and fika'd. Today, Thursday morning, was just a warm and inviting.
Their julkonsert is this coming Sunday. Sadly, we will have flown home by then, but rehearsing the old familiar swedish songs was lovely. Only 4 friends remain from my time here in Sweden: Shivaun, Eva-Maria, Shirin, and Michelle, but that is the nature of the group. We are ex-pat wives - the decisions that govern our lives are made by other people. We come and go. I had a wonderful visit over fika, catching up on what they've been up to, and what the future may hold.
Peter the conductor continues to be the heart of the group. I really enjoyed his special vocal warm-up and his beautiful accompaniments. Tack för idag alla, och god jul.

No comments:

Post a Comment